If you have a website to promote your VA services, you might also have a blog. Like any blog, it’s important to promote your posts so people will actually read them! If you just hit publish and go on your merry way, no one will find your content. Make sure to actually tell people that you just published some valuable stuff!
(If you don’t have a VA blog yet, here are my favorite tips for getting started!)
Blogging is awesome for VAs because it can show potential clients that you know your stuff and make them more likely to hire you. But those posts don’t do much good if no one reads them! So let’s drive some traffic to your VA blog so those posts can start getting you the clients you want.
This article may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through the link, I get a small percentage at no additional charge to you. See my disclosure for more info.
HERE ARE 7 PLACES TO PROMOTE YOUR VA BLOG POSTS:
1) Pinterest – My favorite! Pinterest is the biggest source of traffic to my site. So if you don’t promote your blog on Pinterest, you should! Pinterest is awesome because it’s easy to get your content in front of a lot of new people, and unlike other social media platforms, your content has a long shelf life. If you pin something today, it will still be around a year from now, circulating around Pinterest and getting even more eyeballs on your site, picking up more speed as people pin it.
Luckily, I have a couple of articles to help you build your traffic with Pinterest. Check them out!
- How to SEO Optimize Your Pinterest Boards for More Views
- 10 Common Marketing Mistakes People Make on Pinterest
To get even more traffic, save time, and make the Pinterest algorithm happy, you can preschedule your blog post pins using Tailwind. This saves me so much time and keeps my Pinterest account updated. I can’t recommend it enough!
2) Your Facebook Page – Do you have a Facebook page for your business? Make sure to promote your post there! You don’t just have to post about it once either. Tell your followers about your post when you first publish and every so often after that to keep driving traffic to your content. That way, you get more mileage out of your posts!
It’s also not a bad idea to share your post on your personal page if you think your Facebook friends would like it. Only do this once per post though. You don’t want to spam your friends!
To save a little time, try scheduling posts with Facebook’s native scheduler. It’s super easy and convenient to use! If you want to automatically repost your posts you can use a tool like RecurPost.
3) Facebook Groups – Different from Facebook pages, Facebook groups are communities that meet to discuss every topic you can think of. There are TONS of groups for business owners on Facebook, so make sure to join some! Find groups where your ideal client hangs out and share your content when it’s allowed.
Make sure to follow the rules though. Most groups don’t let you just promote your content whenever you want, but have a designated promo day or certain comment threads where you can share your links. You’d be surprised how many readers you can get this way!
7 Ways To Promote Your VA Blog Posts Click To Tweet
4) Twitter – If you think your audience is hanging out on Twitter, make sure to promote your post there! Be sure to Tweet your post several times over the course of a day or week. Things on Twitter move fast, so it’s important to stay on top of things and Tweet frequently.
RecurPost can help you schedule your posts to go out as often as you like so that you don’t have to do it manually.
5) LinkedIn – If your ideal clients are on LinkedIn, make sure to set up a LinkedIn profile. This platform isn’t just for networking, it’s also a great place to share your posts! You can promote your posts on your own profile and share the link in any relevant LinkedIn groups you belong to. Make sure the post actually relates to the subject of the group though. You don’t want to be spammy!
Want to learn how to set up an attention-getting LinkedIn profile? We have a training inside the Introvert VA Club!
6) Instagram – Instagram is a great place to promote your VA business! Use Canva to create a pretty graphic for your post and make sure to change the link in your bio to lead straight to your post for a day or so. That way, it’s easy for your followers to find your newest content!
Better yet, use a tool like tap.bio. This nifty tool allows viewers to tap on any image to go straight to your content instead of just having one link in your bio that you constantly have to change! Just add a link to the caption of a post and it automatically shows up in your tap.bio! Brilliant!
Below you’ll see a snapshot of my tap.bio (you can also see it in action here).
It’s also a good idea to use virtual assistant related hashtags so people can discover your posts on Instagram. Go to the Instagram search bar and play with entering terms like #virtualassistant, #freelancer, etc. to see which related hashtags come up that your potential clients might be following. Then, make sure to add those hashtags to your caption!
Want to schedule your posts in advance?? I recommend using Recurpost for this.
7) Your email list – And last but definitely not least, don’t forget to tell your email list about your new post! These are people who WANT to hear from you, so make sure to let them know about new content either by sending them an email when you post or by sending regular newsletters that list your recent posts.
Of course, there are a bazillion different places you can promote your posts depending on where your audience is hanging out online, but these are some of the biggest and most effective!
Want to get your blog and social media organized? The Creative Boss Planner includes a blog editorial calendar, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest schedule, and much, much more!